In a time where we are not able to offer in-person programming, please consider supporting the community in the below ways:
- Visit the Help Colorado Now website for information about volunteer opportunities, organizations in need of funding, and supply donations needed.
- Join the Kind Connection Program volunteers.
- Encourage the families in your network to follow @cookingmatters.national on Facebook for ideas to stretch food resources, keep incorporating foods that can contribute to keeping immune systems healthy, and tips for engaging kids in food based activities with extended time at home.
- Help us spread the word that No Kid Hungry has launched a texting hotline to provide information about emergency food distribution sites in communities where schools have been closed due to COVID19. Families can text the word “FOOD” (or “COMIDA”) to 877877 to find their nearest sites. Make sure families know these meals are available and where they can find them by sharing on social media and with your friends, family and colleagues. [Learn More].
- If your circumstances allow, we encourage you to check takeout and delivery options or purchase a gift card for future use to support our local restaurants during this difficult time. Check out this map of restaurants that have generously supported both of Share Our Strength’s - Cooking Matters and No Kid Hungry - campaigns.
- Get yourself prepped and ready to go for when we're Cooking Matters in-person programming starts again.