Serves 4, 1/4 cup per serving
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Dried basil, parsley or dill (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Measuring cups and spoons
1. In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk together 2 Tablespoons cornstarch and 1 cup nonfat or low-fat milk until smooth.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add milk mixture. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in 2 teaspoons mustard. Season with dried or fresh herbs as you like, such as basil, parsley, or dill. Start with ¼ teaspoon and add to your taste.
4. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.