Food and Utensil Drive Example: 34 Degrees Crackers
34 Degrees Crackers wanted to help as a company. To end childhood hunger through nutrition and food skills education, we use a lot of food, utensils, equipment, and office supplies to make our efforts effective. One of our biggest expenses is food and supplies. When individuals and groups pitch in with these items, we can stretch our organizational budget to cover other, harder-to-fund expenses.
The 34 Degrees Crackers drive represents a cost saving of over $2,500 - we can leverage this generous and targeted donation into more than 1,000 healthy meals! Additionally, our staff and volunteers are well-supplied and energized by the compassion and dedication shown by the individuals who contributed to the company drive.
Results of donation:
- 2,000 items donated!
- More than 7,500 oz. of healthy food. That's 921 cups (i.e. a whole lot of individual servings!). Ingredients included anything from peanut butter to brown rice to canned beans with no salt added.
- 3,700 Ziploc bags. To send home healthy ingredients for families to practice their skills.
- 2,900 pieces of office supplies. That’s going to keep our office stocked for a long while.
- $360 in gift cards. We give tour participants $10 gift cards to practice shopping skills at the grocery store. These gift cards this will supply 36 participants with that opportunity!
- 200 spatulas and spoons. As you would imagine, instructors go through these fast. With this supply, we can also give away bonus tools to program participants!
Now, more than ever, we are better able to realize the vision of every kid, healthy food, every day. That's a truly priceless return!
Want to host a food and utensil drive?
Our needs are specific, and we can best utilize your generosity by receiving items listed here.