It takes more than food to fight hunger.
We were founded on the belief that everyone has a strength to share in the fight against hunger. Community engagement is one of several strategies that will end childhood hunger in Colorado.
Community Engagement Vision: Empower Coloradoans everywhere with a clear path to act on their role in ending childhood hunger.
We Will Do This By: Building strategic, mutually-beneficial volunteer relationships, and cultivating an atmosphere of action, growth, fun and diversity.
We invite you to share your strength and act on your role in ending childhood hunger. Support us with your time, expertise, or financial support!
Visit our Volunteer and Event Calendar
- Volunteer as a culinary instructor, nutrition instructor, or assistant for six-week courses and childcare professional trainings, or volunteer to facilitate one-time Cooking Matters at the Store tours.
Want more resources? Check out our national Volunteer Training Website!
- Donate to end childhood hunger in Colorado! Even just $10 provides a bag of ingredients for a family of four.
- Attend one of our Special Events to have fun while supporting a great cause!
- Organize a healthy food and utensil drive at your office, school, book group or other community setting. Our needs are specific, and we can best utilize your generosity by receiving items listed here.
- Check out a sample food drive hosted by 34 Degrees Crackers.
- Advocate for Cooking Matters Colorado and the low-income families we serve.
Have other ideas on how you can share your strengths and skills? Let us know how else you can contribute! Contact email@example.com.